JOB TITLE : Legal / HR Officer
DEPARTMENT : Administration - Operations
REPORT DIRECTLY TO : CEO & COO
Support office services by implementing Legal and HR tasks, procedures, and policies, and monitoring the administrative department.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES :
- Conducting legal research and gathering relevant information for court cases, gather and analyze information, prepare a written report to be used to determine how the case should be handled.
- Collect information and evidence for decision making of management.
- Attend meetings, take notes, prepare and communicate the minutes of the relevant meeting to the concerned parties.
- Draft correspondences and legal briefs for various parties.
- Prepare and review various legal documents such as contracts, letters, notices, with the Company's clients, suppliers and subcontractors, etc…
- Prepare various documentations (such as board resolutions, company registration certificates and trade licenses, etc…) for the purpose of establishing and registering subsidiaries and/or branches and/or JVs held by the Company.
- Follow up with subsidiaries and branches of the Company on getting their registration certificates, trade licenses, and directorship in place and up to date.
- Follow up on compliance related issues.
- Handle administrative tasks such as filing papers and documents, maintaining and organizing reference files and records.
- Write periodic reports on developments of the legal department tasks.
- Assisting the HR & People Development Manager with generalist HR matters, including reviewing and developing relevant Policies and Procedures and providing advice in relation to employee performance, conduct and absence management.
- Managing and maintaining contracts, personnel files and other employee information.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS :
- Be an English and French speaker/common law qualified lawyer/ HR officer.
- 5 to 7 years of post qualification experience.
- Previous experience within an in-house legal role is preferable but not essential.
- Previous experience working for a diverse group or a variety of companies.
- Fluent in both written and spoken English.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS :
Must be mentally and physically fit and have the ability to work long periods. Should be energetic and enthusiastic and willing to work under pressure to meet deadlines.
This job description is a summary of the typical functions of the job, not an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all possible job responsibilities, tasks, and duties. The responsibilities, tasks, and duties of the jobholder might differ from those outlined in this job description and that other duties, as assigned, might be part of the job.
Copyright © 2017 VRD. All Rights Reserved.