JOB TITLE : CAD Draftsman Designer for Interiors and Architecture
DEPARTMENT : Administration - Operations
REPORT DIRECTLY TO : Director of Design
As the Designer, the position will work closely with the Director of Design. As part of the team we will be looking for you to (but not limited to) :
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES :
- Draw full set of packages, (from concept to construction), using CAD.
- Coordinate in-house CAD with the drawings from other companies (such as MEP, etc..) to obtain a full set of sealed drawings that are ready for permitting.
- Plans to include, but not limited to, joinery, electrical, HVAC coordination, interior and exterior details.
- Ability to read and interpret structural and architectural drawings, specifications, and design requirements related to residential and hospitality applications.
- Ability to apply this information to the preparation of design drawings for release to production with all information necessary for correct product design and manufacture.
- Ability to manage multiple projects in various stages of development.
JOB REQUIREMENTS :
- Degree in Interior design or Architecture from and accredited school.
- Minimum 3 years of CAD (Autodesk), Photoshop, Excel.
- Knowledge of standard construction practices and details is a plus.
- Construction experience a plus.
- Preparing detailed AutoCAD drawings to submit for local permits.
- Have minimum 5- 8 years of proven experience in Residential & Hospitality Design.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS :
Must be mentally and physically fit and have the ability to work long periods. Should be energetic and enthusiastic and willing to work under pressure to meet deadlines tasks, and duties of the jobholder might differ from those outlined in this job description and that other duties, as assigned, might be part of the job.
Copyright © 2017 VRD. All Rights Reserved.